Mass Shootings

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Montgomery Co. student charged with threats of mass violence after police discover disturbing ‘manifesto’

An 18-year-old high school student in Montgomery County, Maryland, has been charged with making threats of mass violence after authorities said he wrote a 129-page document describing a desire to “shoot up” his high school.

Andrea Ye, who uses the name Alex, was arrested Wednesday and is being held at the Montgomery County Central Processing Unit where he awaits a bond hearing, police said.

Authorities began investigating Ye, who lives in Rockville and attended Wootton High School, on March 3 after he shared the document with a friend, who ended up calling police, according to court documents.

Manifesto or work of fiction?​

The document, which authorities described as a “manifesto,” contains several disturbing passages. “I want to shoot up my school,” it states on page one. Other passages read, “As I walk through the hallways, I cherry pick the classrooms that are the easiest targets” and “I have also considered shooting up my former elementary school because little kids make easier targets.”

The writings express a desire for fame by carrying out violent acts, according to the court documents.

“I really want to be famous. Even infamous,” Ye wrote, according to authorities.

However, the document also begins with a disclaimer stating the contents are a work of fiction. “This is not a threat of violence, nor does it represent the author’s beliefs,” the preface stated.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The media keep screaming, ‘fear thy white neighbor’ when it comes to any mass shooting, but it seems like the gender-confused are coming unglued at an accelerated rate. On Wednesday, a teen was arrested in Maryland after plotting an attack on an elementary school. Yes, there’s also a 129-page manifesto. For obvious political reasons, there’s no way the media are going to touch this story, but here are the details about the attack “Andrea Ye” planned to carry out (via National Review):

Andrea Ye of Rockville, Maryland — who goes by the name “Alex” — authored a 129-page manifesto detailing her desire to attack an elementary school, writing that she wants to be famous and describing her strategy for carrying out the shooting, Montgomery County police announced in a Thursday press release.
After obtaining a search warrant, MCPD found internet searches, drawings, and other documents related to and threatening mass shootings. The police department said in its statement that it has worked with the county’s public-school district to increase security at local schools.
Ye, currently in custody at the Montgomery County Central Processing Unit awaiting a bond hearing, was charged with threats of mass violence.
Authorities have not indicated whether they will release Ye’s manifesto nor the contents of her internet searches or drawings.

glhs837

Power with Control

Covenant Teacher Thinks of All the Terrible Things That Could Happen If She Had a Gun

We were told by police last April that they were reviewing transgender mass shooter Audrey Hale's manifesto for public release. It's a full year later and we still don't have it.

Six people, including three children, were shot by Hale at Covenant School in Nashville. Now there's a bill that would allow teachers to arm themselves if they so chose, upon completing training, background checks, and a psychological evaluation. WSMV reports that high school students staged a march to the Capitol to oppose the bill. The Tennessean reports that "hundreds of Nashville high school students walked out of class" to join the protest.

Speaking out against the bill that would not require her in any way to carry a firearm, on Covenant teacher spoke out about how useless she'd be in a crisis.

Your job, as the one charged with the protection of those lambs, was to be their protector when they are are in danger, not their teacher. Yes, shepherd them to a place of safety. But they should not in your arms and around you feet. They should be behind you as you stand between them and danger. And having a weapon to defend them with would enable you to stand instead of cower.

Hijinx

Just some of the usual suspects having a fun day. Nothing like showing up wearing hoodies for a water battle.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Seems to me infectious - maybe this should be in the Ferrel Thread

Memphis, Tennessee, where reports indicate numerous people have been shot in a mass shooting during a block party/street takeover

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Seems to me infectious - maybe this should be in the Ferrel Thread

Memphis, Tennessee, where reports indicate numerous people have been shot in a mass shooting during a block party/street takeover

Perpetration seems to have a very common thread.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Judge Orders Nashville Police To Provide Details Of Investigation Into Covenant School Shooter

The order is part of the ongoing battle over what writings will be released from the woman who murdered six people, including three children, at the Covenant School in Nashville on March 27, 2023. A coalition of groups, including the National Police Association, sued last year after the Metro Nashville Police Department refused to release the killer’s writings and other investigative documents.

Judge I’Ashea L. Myles ordered the police department on Monday to give her a detailed explanation of what is contained in its “investigative file” into the shooting at the Covenant School and to give her documents they believe can be released despite the ongoing investigation into the shooting. Both requests are ordered to be responded to within 10 days.

In her order, the judge requested “an updated set of redacted documents, which counsel for Metro contends may be released, without compromising any active investigation.” Additionally, Myles asked for the police department to produce an affidavit estimating when it would be able to produce the redacted files upon completion of the investigation.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The transgender suspect charged with plotting to carry out a mass shooting at a Maryland school was partly inspired by the trans-identified Covenant School shooter, according to a copy of the charging documents physically obtained by Townhall.

18-year-old high school student Andrea "Alex" Ye, a biological female identifying as male, allegedly authored a 129-page manifesto, where she fawned over—and compared herself to—Audrey "Aiden" Hale, who slaughtered six, including three children, at a Christian elementary school in Nashville. According to probable cause statements, which contain excerpts of Ye's manifesto, Ye recounted searching for school shootings on Google and pulling up a Wikipedia page detailing the Covenant case.

"The shooter was also trans. His name was Aiden Hale, though the news keep calling him Audrey. Makes me want to change my name legally before I commit a shooting to make sure the news doesn't misgender me," reads part of Ye's manifesto. "He was suicidal before the shooting. Just like me. He, too, wanted to kill little kids. A rush of adrenaline fills my body. He's so relatable."

On Page 38, Ye recalled reading news of a shooting at another elementary school, where the death toll was relatively low. "The kill count isn't very high. I could probably beat it," Ye penned. "My ultimate goal would be to set the world record for the most amount of kills in a shooting. If I have enough time, I'll try to decapitate my victims with a knife to turn the injuries into deaths."

"I have also considered shooting up my former elementary school because little kids make easier targets," Ye wrote.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Judge I’Ashea L. Myles ordered the police department on Monday to give her a detailed explanation of what is contained in its “investigative file” into the shooting at the Covenant School and to give her documents they believe can be released despite the ongoing investigation into the shooting.
It was last March. The shooter is dead. What's left to investigate?