Politics is Downstream From Culture

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 The Daily Caller ran a shocking story Sunday headlined, “Richard Dawkins Admits The West Needs Christianity.

image 11.png

CLIP: Atheist superstar scientist Richard Dawkins declares himself a ‘cultural Christian’ (2:29).

In 2006, British evolutionary biologist and Oxford Professor Dawkins wrote “The God Delusion,” which became an instant bestseller and made Dawkins a celebrity to delighted atheists around the world. In his book, Dawkins argued for substituting atheistic humanism for religion. But Dr. Dawkins seems to have come around, at least partway. In the clip, Dawkins tells the interviewer he now wants to keep Christianity:

“I call myself a cultural Christian. I’m not a believer. (But) I sort of feel at home in the Christian ethos. I would not be happy if we lost all our cathedrals and our beautiful parish churches. If we substituted any alternative religion, that would be truly dreadful. If I had to choose between Christianity and Islam, I would choose Christianity every time. It seems to me to be a fundamentally decent religion, in a way that I think Islam is not. I find that I like to live in a culturally Christian society, although I do not believe in a single word of the Christian faith.”​

Needless to say, in 2006 Dawkins did not mention his cultural Christianity in The God Delusion.

If I had more time, I’d explore how profoundly the landscape of anti-religious opposition has changed in just the fifteen years since I experienced the vision leading to my conversion. I remember well that back then, luminaries like Dawkins occupied the debate stage. As a result, I spent a lot of time studying ‘apologetics,’ which can be loosely described as the study of evidence showing science is perfectly consistent with Christianity, as well as its logic and history.

Not even ten years ago, it was uncontroversial that atheism posed the greatest challenge to Christianity. Intellectuals popularly debated the faith issue in large forums. Libraries of books were published arguing both sides. The battle lines were drawn over atheist cause célèbre’s like hauling the Ten Commandments monument out of Alabama’s courthouse.

But something changed. And whatever changed, changed fast. Atheism is no longer Christianity’s greatest challenge, having mostly been relegated to a historical footnote. Now Christianity faces supercharged, social media-powered neo-paganism sporting hashtags like #WitchTok. The debate is no longer over atheists wanting to take down the Ten Commandments, it’s about Satanists putting up demonic Baphomet statues in City Hall during Christmas, or Joe Biden declaring Easter is transgender awareness day.

Reflecting on the recent spiritual growth of other celebrity influencers like Joe Rogan and Russel Brand, it occurred to me that maybe the celebrity author of The God Delusion is deluding himself. Maybe Dawkins’ affinity for Christianity is growing, not because he thinks cathedrals are pretty, but because he’s being swept along with an invisible, worldwide spiritual movement.

Anyhow that’s how I prefer to see things. To me, the changing of Richard Dawkins’ heart is not an artifact of aging. Neither is it a nuanced accessory to his atheism; after all, the good Professor made a lucrative career advocating for a secular humanist society. He won’t get very far with his cultural Christianity.

Instead, I think something wonderful and beautiful is afoot. Be of good cheer.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘The Population Bomb’ was wrong: The world now struggling to make more babies

The most famous is Stanford’s Paul Ehrlich, an entomologist whose bestselling book about people, “The Population Bomb,” promised the Earth a grim Malthusian fate, only a decade or so away.

We’d see mass starvation, he predicted, and food riots in American cities before the 1970s were out.

He urged the Federal Communications Commission to use its powers to ensure large families were always portrayed negatively on TV. (Take that, “Brady Bunch”!)

He made a bunch of predictions, and pretty much all turned out to be wrong.

(Instead of mass starvation, the biggest nutritional problem on Earth is now obesity, a problem even in countries once associated with hunger.)

That Ehrlich made a bundle on wrong predictions isn’t such a big deal — we’ve had dozens of doomsaying futurists who’ve cashed in on fears that never materialized.

The problem is people listened to him.

Across the world, governments adopted population-trimming policies, from massively subsidized birth control to promoting two-worker households to China’s draconian “one child” policy, in which each couple was allowed only one child.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
As a Woman of Color I'm fed up with Straight White Male Privilege .....*

Brain Short Circuits when asked to provide ONE Example

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Mindless Bots that malfunction the moment they're forced to think.

Fortunately SMC will never suffer that fate.

She can't be tricked or forced to think.

Just posts eternally... Democrat Blather.

Hijinx

As a Woman of Color I'm fed up with Straight White Male Privilege .....*

Brain Short Circuits when asked to provide ONE Example

They repeat the tomes they have been taught, but none of them can think on their own.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Millennial Explains Why Boomers LOOKED SO OLD, Millennials ARENT Aging Physically AND Socially​

Millennials are soft sitting inside all day ... not doing real work

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Women SHOCKED Men Won't Approach Them After Decade Of INSANE Feminists Yelling At Men For Doing It​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
1712516353708.png

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

WOKE 'Romeo And Juliet' Director LASHES OUT Crying Racism Over Backlash Against Black Juliet!​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
She is delusional

Oh yeah being a bikini is NOT being Modest, but wearing a bikini selling Coffee is NOT Sex Work

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Dance Team Forced From Seattle Show Because Uniforms Were Offensive—They Depicted the American Flag

Is it something in the water that turns so many residents of Washington into America-hating, left-wing zealots? The Evergreen State is once again in the news as the Borderline Dance Team was forced out of the Emerald City Hoedown in Seattle Saturday, not because their act was profane, not because they broke the rules—but because their uniforms depicted the American flag. Evidently, the symbol of our country is too much for these wokesters.

I’m guessing there wouldn’t have been a problem if the team wore Palestinian flags.

The women’s country line dance team posted to social media about their experience of being openly discriminated against:

1712831735451.png

"Unfortunately, what our team was met with upon arrival was that our flag tops were offensive to some of the convention goers," the post read. "There was a small group that felt ‘triggered and unsafe.'"

The post continued and explained the ridiculous series of events:

At first we were told we would just be boo’d, yelled at and likely many of them would walk out. This did not deter us. But then we were given an ultimatum. Remove the flag tops and perform in either street clothes (which most didn’t bring as they traveled there in their uniforms) or they would supply us with ECH shirts from years past… Or, don’t perform at all, which effectively was asking us to leave.
We don’t speak for our team, we speak on behalf of them so the choice was theirs. As we knew would happen because there really was no choice in our minds, it was a unanimous NO.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Tomb Raider No Longer Raiding Tombs Instead She is a ' Truth Seeker '

‘Tomb Raider: Shadows Of The Truth’ TTRPG Guidebook Confirms Crystal Dynamics Working To Apologize For Franchise’s “Colonialist” Origins

Headlined ‘Raiding and Colonialism’, the disclaimer, as discovered in an early playtest version of the game, begins, “What, then, is raiding? And how does it mirror colonial practices?”

“Raiding, as depicted in the original Tomb Raider games and stories, involves going to ancient tombs and historical sites of different civilizations and acquiring artifacts,” wrote Evil Hat Productions. “It operates on the assumption of ‘finders keepers’ that grants raiders with the means and drive to claim ownership of artifacts, regardless of whether they have any historical or cultural claim to the treasure.”

GKv-hwZWIAA70xB-e1712795236641.jpg

The disclaimer regarding ‘tomb raiding’ in Tomb Raider: Shadows of Truth (2025), Evil Hat Productions

“Later games released in the franchise have started the work of addressing this by having Lara Croft acknowledge her past mistakes and try to understand and show respect for the cultures and communities she comes into contact with,” they continued. “She has also worked to reform raider culture and raise the awareness of her peers.

“Lara no longer decorates her mantle with mythic artifacts – as a raider she prioritizes seeking out the truth,” the publisher wrote. “Much of this game is inspired by her humanity, struggle with heroism, and her tenacity. We believe that all three aspects are an important component in creating a game that celebrates history and culture while acknowledging the respect and work required to live in a world wounded by colonialism.”

Drawing their disclaimer to a close, Evil Hat Productions ultimately affirmed, “In this game, we seek to continue in that work alongside Crystal Dynamics by creating a sandbox for you to tell stories that address colonialist themes in play and create your own stories of respect and support for the people and cultures your Seekers encounter.”

Tomb Raider MINUS Tomb Raiding?! The PREMISE is 'Problematic' Now!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Based Dr. Phil And Pastor SET WOKE Work Place Activist DEI Lady Straight On Her Marxist Ideology!