Peregrine Falcon webcam in Baltimore

NextJen

Raisin cane
Oh my gosh, I’m such a mush. I peeked in and went back on the camera to see some feeding taking place. I’ll have to tune back in after a couple weeks and see how the babies are doing. It breaks my heart when the smaller ones are in the back with their little beaks open but they end up not getting food because the bigger, stronger ones are up front.

I know, I know……survival of the fittest and all that. I just find it hard to watch.
I’ve watched this nest over the last few years and the parents have done a good job with up to 4 babies. The falcon chicks seem less aggressive than osprey chicks anyway. I’ve seen osprey siblings kill the younger, weaker ones in the nest. 😔

Last edited:

PJay

Oh my gosh, I’m such a mush. I peeked in and went back on the camera to see some feeding taking place. I’ll have to tune back in after a couple weeks and see how the babies are doing. It breaks my heart when the smaller ones are in the back with their little beaks open but they end up not getting food because the bigger, stronger ones are up front.

I know, I know……survival of the fittest and all that. I just find it hard to watch.
I’ve watched this nest over the last few years and the parents have done a good job with up to 4 babies. The falcon chicks seem less aggressive than osprey chicks anyway. I’ve seen osprey siblings kill the younger, weaker ones in the nest. 😔
I can't watch stuff like that..rips my heart out of the frame.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
There are a couple of Peregrines hereabouts.
I was on the back deck a couple summers ago and got to see one take a Mourning Dove on the wing.