Murder charge placed

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
From the story's description it sounds like a self-defense case with a bit of protecting a third party. Yet a Grand Jury still reported out a 2nd Degree murder count.

Grumpy

From the story's description it sounds like a self-defense case with a bit of protecting a third party. Yet a Grand Jury still reported out a 2nd Degree murder count.
Has to be more to the story...the shooter was walking his dog at 330am?

mdff2

Has to be more to the story...the shooter was walking his dog at 330am?
Agree that there has to be more. Story says the man was walking towards him, that doesn't constitute shooting him. Was there a threat and what was the threat?

DannyMotorcycle

Agree that there has to be more. Story says the man was walking towards him, that doesn't constitute shooting him. Was there a threat and what was the threat?

It said the man threatened him and continued walking towards him... and got himself shot. I have to wonder what he was angry about.. was she unfaithful? or was he just a woman beater? Did she punch him in the mouth first triggering the reaction? don't know.. I have to wonder what made them charge him.. because he was a firefighter and the chief wanted charges? who knows... i hope the details get posted here..

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
It said the man threatened him and continued walking towards him... and got himself shot. I have to wonder what he was angry about.. was she unfaithful? or was he just a woman beater? Did she punch him in the mouth first triggering the reaction? don't know.. I have to wonder what made them charge him.. because he was a firefighter and the chief wanted charges? who knows... i hope the details get posted here..
Look at his picture and figure out why. I have the feeling that's the reason there wasn't more outrage/comment on this tread.

glhs837

Power with Control
Could be as simple as he has to leave for work at 5:00 a.m. and needs to walk his dog before he goes

I think this just goes back to the fact that they want to emphasize to everybody that you don't dare defend yourself in this state.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Look at his picture and figure out why. I have the feeling that's the reason there wasn't more outrage/comment on this tread.
I’m looking at the only picture and can’t figure it out? Doesn’t sound to me like he did anything to get himself shot.

gemma_rae

Click on the story and read the original report.

A preliminary investigation revealed Braxton was reported to have assaulted his girlfriend inside their townhouse.

The woman was able to flee and encountered a man who was walking his dog.

According to witnesses, Braxton, approached and threatened to harm the man. Braxton continued walking aggressively toward the man, at which time the man, who has a permit to carry a firearm, produced a gun and shot Braxton.

The man remained on the scene until officers arrived. He was transported to a police station and subsequently released pending further investigation.

At this time there is no indication any of the involved subjects were known to the man.
Braxton was a paid D.C. Fire Fighter and Muriel Bowser got involved.

Bonehead

Could be as simple as he has to leave for work at 5:00 a.m. and needs to walk his dog before he goes

I think this just goes back to the fact that they want to emphasize to everybody that you don't dare defend yourself in this state.
That is exactly why I have direct access to a lawyer network via US Law Shield. Pull your gun 10000 minimum, actually discharge it millions.