Mayorkas Impeachment

SamSpade

Like almost all of the impeachments in my lifetime - I fail to grasp what the POINT is. Since the 80’s, they’ve largely turned into partisan affairs which means they don’t do anything.

For those not paying attention - an impeachment is an indictment. It is not a conviction. A conviction is a two-thirds vote of the Senate, and that’s just not going to happen. Failing to reach two-thirds is basically exoneration. You fail to convict.

What I don’t understand is - why bother when there is NO CHANCE of convicting? To tarnish a Senator running for reelection with his vote? Admittedly I don’t think Mayorkas should be impeached. He should be FIRED. You impeach someone for committing CRIMES. For abusing their office. You fire someone when they don’t do their job, or worse, do it very badly.

WingsOfGold

Like almost all of the impeachments in my lifetime - I fail to grasp what the POINT is. Since the 80’s, they’ve largely turned into partisan affairs which means they don’t do anything.

For those not paying attention - an impeachment is an indictment. It is not a conviction. A conviction is a two-thirds vote of the Senate, and that’s just not going to happen. Failing to reach two-thirds is basically exoneration. You fail to convict.

What I don’t understand is - why bother when there is NO CHANCE of convicting? To tarnish a Senator running for reelection with his vote? Admittedly I don’t think Mayorkas should be impeached. He should be FIRED. You impeach someone for committing CRIMES. For abusing their office. You fire someone when they don’t do their job, or worse, do it very badly.
Actually he should be hung for the deaths he caused then his carcass departed back to Cuba.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Agree and agree. Impeachment is just so much time wasting bullshit. The impeached person doesn't GAF because they know it doesn't mean anything and they won't be removed from office or suffer any punishment. Then the Democrats upped the bullshit ante and used impeachment as a "we have a majority" temper tantrum.

Although I must admit, when Trump was impeached 20 times or whatever and wasn't immediately removed (or removed at all) the tears of the proglodytes were delicious. I wish they'd impeach him every single day because there's not a lot I love more than suffering Dembots.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
The point is that our founders knew that there needed to be a process to remove Federal Officers, members of the Judiciary, Presidents and Vice-Presidents. The fact that political factions have corrupted that intent is why the process is mostly useless and it became even more useless when the Senate switched to popular vote versus state legislature appointments. The founders and framers did not intend for American politics to be partisan as it is now.

Reactions: BOP

CPUSA

Admittedly I don’t think Mayorkas should be impeached. He should be FIRED. You impeach someone for committing CRIMES. For abusing their office. You fire someone when they don’t do their job, or worse, do it very badly.
And here's the problem...
He has performed his job, as it was clearly explained to him by his boss, Joe Biden, AKA Barack Obama, AKA George Soros...IMPECCABLY.
Everything that was expected of him, by this Administration has been successfully carried out. He hasn't done anything out of step with this Administration's policies. He doesn't need to be fired...this entire Administration needs to be arrested, tried, & executed for Treason...

Big difference from being incompetent of simply abusing his office...

BOP

And here's the problem...
He has performed his job, as it was clearly explained to him by his boss, Joe Biden, AKA Barack Obama, AKA George Soros...IMPECCABLY.
Everything that was expected of him, by this Administration has been successfully carried out. He hasn't done anything out of step with this Administration's policies. He doesn't need to be fired...this entire Administration needs to be arrested, tried, & executed for Treason...

Big difference from being incompetent of simply abusing his office...
I wouldn't execute any of them. That's too quick and easy.

I would seize every asset they have. Every. single. thing.

Then I would subject them to all sorts of enhanced interrogation a minimum of once a week until the day they depart the pattern.

Hijinx

CPUSA is totally correct.
Certainly Mayorkas should be fired. Wray should be fired Garland should be fired and jailed, Blinken should be fired and that mope headed dyke press secretary should be fired. But they all are doing what Joebama wants them to do, so until we fire Joebama they all will stay right where they are. We have 8 more months of these of thid HORRIBLE regime destroying America, destroying our Justice system and leading us into war.