Is Joe wearing an exoskeleton?

glhs837

Power with Control
The bulk around the waist and lower back is whats making me think he indeed might have a power assist for this legs.

SamSpade

At his age, with the number of public appearances he has to make, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he wears some kind of back brace or support.

I don't expect my President to be muscular and physically fit, but I do expect them to be healthy for the sake of the nation but ESPECIALLY to be clear of mind. It's ok to have an old grandfather or uncle to be feeble minded or forgetful - but you can't lead this nation. You would never have such a person operate on your brain.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You would never have such a person operate on your brain.

You would never have such a person run your cash register at McDonald's.

If Biden weren't such an evil person in and of himself I'd feel sorry for him, being used like this. All the people directing "Biden's" agenda, it's not their name on it and they won't go down in history for what they're doing to this country.

Reactions: BOP

PeoplesElbow

That walk does not look natural.

The same people that were complaining about McCain's age are now saying "it's not an issue" with Biden. Remember all the noise about McCain's age?

glhs837

Power with Control
At his age, with the number of public appearances he has to make, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he wears some kind of back brace or support.

I don't expect my President to be muscular and physically fit, but I do expect them to be healthy for the sake of the nation but ESPECIALLY to be clear of mind. It's ok to have an old grandfather or uncle to be feeble minded or forgetful - but you can't lead this nation. You would never have such a person operate on your brain.

I think this goes beyond a brace or support. And the issue that I have is that if he is wearing one, is sole purpose is the speed him up and give the impression of vigor he just doesn't have. Something like this....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That walk does not look natural.

The same people that were complaining about McCain's age are now saying "it's not an issue" with Biden. Remember all the noise about McCain's age?

Remember when they bitched and cried about Reagan's age?

Biden is almost 10 years older than Reagan was when he was President.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Vaguely, I was a bit young to care about anything political then.

I was 17 when Reagan was elected, so I was well aware of what the newsbots were saying. His age was a huge deal with them and they fretted constantly that he was senile and would accidentally launch a nuke at the Soviets and get us all killed.

SamSpade

I’ve now watched 3 times that debate with Mondale where the subject of age is raised and Reagan quips that he refuses to make age an issue and will not for political purposes point out his opponent’s youth and inexperience.

Many people have pointed out over the years including Mondale’s campaign manager that THAT was the moment Reagan won.

BOP

I was 17 when Reagan was elected, so I was well aware of what the newsbots were saying. His age was a huge deal with them and they fretted constantly that he was senile and would accidentally launch a nuke at the Soviets and get us all killed.
I had left Texas about the time he became President, and was either in Florida, or back in California. Probably both. Yeah, because I voted for him, so I was in Los Angeles by that time.

In fact, I was stationed in California during his Governorship there. Well, about half of his term, anyway. Moonbeam Brown was elected after Reagan.

I had a coin that said "Heads, Reagan, tails, Carter, if coin lands on edge, vote Anderson" I may still have that coin.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had a coin that said "Heads, Reagan, tails, Carter, if coin lands on edge, vote Anderson" I may still have that coin.

They did a mock poll in my History class and Anderson won overwhelmingly. Of course, then we had to go around and say why we voted that way. :lol: There was about a third of us who could say something other than "Um, er, uh....." (My vote was for Reagan.) This led to a discussion on the Iran hostage crisis, and the Mariel boat lift, and inflation, and gas shortages, and assorted other issues that most of the students yawned through.

Aldie Johnson - he was a terrific teacher. I could have sat in his class all day.

Anyway, it came out that Anderson led the poll because he was outside the establishment and it supposedly made you sound all smart and hip to support him....until you actually had to explain why. :lol: I find this to be the case with most people and their political choices.

SamSpade

Anyway, it came out that Anderson led the poll because he was outside the establishment and it supposedly made you sound all smart and hip to support him....until you actually had to explain why. :lol: I find this to be the case with most people and their political choices.
I'm in a Facebook group where the latest "thing" is to say to hell with Trump and Biden, I'm all in for RFK Jr (sometimes referred to idiotically as JFK Jr). And I think it's the same damned thing - not an establishment politician, outside the mainstream, beholden to no one - but almost to the last, his major qualification is - he's NOT one of the other two. I mean, I can TELL you why I want Trump to win - but Biden and Hillary voters usually said "not Trump" (ok, SOME Hillary voters said "because she's a woman" which is nearly as dumb).

People want to vote for the "other guy" because it's cool.

I didn't like Carter one bit - but I wasn't too keen on Reagan. As you probably recall me mentioning before, as a protest vote - I wrote in NIXON. It even made the local news. I was twenty. It was cool for my vote to be seen.

I wish I knew the word for it - it's "fashionable" to announce that YOU had the sense to vote for the OTHER guy - that somehow, your own political acumen is superior to others - kind of how there was this online FURY about voting for Ron Paul years ago.

We still have an electoral system that favors FPTP - "first past the post" (a reference to horse racing). The "winner" isn't the one with 50% plus portion of the votes - but the most. This is the way most of us vote for multiple choices and many have an equal chance of winning, such as when the office decides on a restaurant. Since the most straightforward way to back a winner is to winnow it down to TWO - thus more or less assuring that ONE of them will have greater than 50% - we tend to have a two party system. (Actually when the office DOES choose a restaurant, it's common to have a runoff between the top two).

But the simple fact is - ONE of these two WILL be President (barring unforeseen death of one of them). That's just a near statistical certainty.

SamSpade

This led to a discussion on the Iran hostage crisis, and the Mariel boat lift, and inflation, and gas shortages, and assorted other issues that most of the students yawned through.
I couldn't find ONE redeeming quality about Carter, at least, as a President. He was possibly a good person, although his subsequent years of bashing Jews has changed my mind on the subject (my Dad once wrote him in the 80's about woodworking ideas, and he wrote a handwritten note back, with magazine clippings - no kidding). He just seemed to span the breadth of incredibly naive (being flabbergasted at the Russians lying to his face, when both sides knew the truth) to just inept. He wasn't able to make the hard choices.

Reagan - his popular persona was an affable idiot, who bumbled through things with a wink and a smile and was quick with a quip - and as much as I grew to like him over his term - I did cringe at times over his melodrama.

Anderson was just a blow-hard, who was cashing in on nothing more than dissatisfaction with the other two. He had NO compelling reason for me to vote for him.

gemma_rae

A salesman was driving down a country road when he saw something pass him. He sped up to try and catch up to it, but it took a quick turn at a dirt road that led to a small farm and outran him. The salesman's curiosity had gotten the best of him, so he followed it. He came to a farmhouse where he met the farmer and stopped to talk to him. "Excuse me" he said to the Farmer, "But did I see, could I have seen, a three-legged chicken?". "Sure did Mister, we breed them for people who love chicken legs" replied the farmer. "Well, how do they taste" inquired the salesman, the farmer shrugged and said "We don't know, we've never been able to catch one" :sshrug:

~Ronald Reagan

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
EjxkL_0UcAEMU4O.jpg