Gov. Kristi Noem: puppy killer

BOP

That's the way the left is portraying it. Here's what Gov. Noem wrote in her book, and some people online have said "why did she have to write about it?" Because the left being the left, would have dug to China to find ANYTHING to smear her with, would be my guess.

Like other aspirants to be Trump’s second vice-president who have ventured into print, Noem offers readers a mixture of autobiography, policy prescriptions and political invective aimed at Democrats and other enemies, all of it raw material for speeches on the campaign stump.

She includes her story about the ill-fated Cricket, she says, to illustrate her willingness, in politics as well as in South Dakota life, to do anything “difficult, messy and ugly” if it simply needs to be done.

By taking Cricket on a pheasant hunt with older dogs, Noem says, she hoped to calm the young dog down and begin to teach her how to behave. Unfortunately, Cricket ruined the hunt, going “out of her mind with excitement, chasing all those birds and having the time of her life”.

Noem describes calling Cricket, then using an electronic collar to attempt to bring her under control. Nothing worked. Then, on the way home after the hunt, as Noem stopped to talk to a local family, Cricket escaped Noem’s truck and attacked the family’s chickens, “grabb[ing] one chicken at a time, crunching it to death with one bite, then dropping it to attack another”.

Cricket the untrainable dog, Noem writes, behaved like “a trained assassin”.

When Noem finally grabbed Cricket, she says, the dog “whipped around to bite me”. Then, as the chickens’ owner wept, Noem repeatedly apologised, wrote the shocked family a check “for the price they asked, and helped them dispose of the carcasses littering the scene of the crime”.

Through it all, Noem says, Cricket was “the picture of pure joy”.

“I hated that dog,” Noem writes, adding that Cricket had proved herself “untrainable”, “dangerous to anyone she came in contact with” and “less than worthless … as a hunting dog”.

“At that moment,” Noem says, “I realised I had to put her down.”

Most of us who have lived in fly-over country, on farms and ranches, have had to put down at least one dog for doing exactly what Cricket did. Ours was a Collie, and he did it not only to the chickens on our farm, he did it when he was put out to pasture with someone who didn't have livestock. Unfortunately, his neighbor did have livestock. The worst part is: he was a great dog. I still have pictures around of him when he was a little more than a pup.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I think the issue is that most people have more empathy for dogs than they have for people. I know I do and I blame the leftist for that, growing up I was a very live and let live type, now watching things like college campuses turn into 1930’s Germany and the wink and a nod version of protecting the borders I’d like most people to just disappear.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She's clear in the book that the dog was rogue, biting people and attacking neighboring chicken coops. On a ranch, that dog gets put down. Period. They're making it sound like she just took a little baby puppy out and shot it, and that's not even close to the story she told.

The point she was making is that she does her own dirty work and doesn't shirk her duty, no matter how unpleasant it might be.

SamSpade

I kind of think this does however - kill her chances. It shouldn’t - she’s a capable governor - but yeah gonna hurt her chances.

HemiHauler

It’s amazing the gymnastics you idiots will perform to protect those whom you perceive as victims.

Loads of dogs fail to hunt. Happens all the time. In those cases, people who aren’t sociopaths return them to the breeder who will adopt them out to another home.

The German Wirehair is a prestigious breed and lots of rich elites want them. Guarantee the breeder would have taken it back. This wasn’t a fukking hound dog she found on the side of the road, and decided to take a chance on it. She killed the dog because it embarrassed her in front of her friends and she had to save face.

I hope that khunt steps on a Lego in her bare feet when she gets up to take a piss in the middle of the night — every night for the rest of her life.

Just kidding. I wish for her the slowest and most painful form of cancer.

limblips

PREMO Member
It’s amazing the gymnastics you idiots will perform to protect those whom you perceive as victims.

Loads of dogs fail to hunt. Happens all the time. In those cases, people who aren’t sociopaths return them to the breeder who will adopt them out to another home.

The German Wirehair is a prestigious breed and lots of rich elites want them. Guarantee the breeder would have taken it back. This wasn’t a fukking hound dog she found on the side of the road, and decided to take a chance on it. She killed the dog because it embarrassed her in front of her friends and she had to save face.

I hope that khunt steps on a Lego in her bare feet when she gets up to take a piss in the middle of the night — every night for the rest of her life.

Just kidding. I wish for her the slowest and most painful form of cancer.
I don't see where you address the dog's killing of livestock and biting people. It is also very telling that you jump to support the "prestigious breeds that lots of rich elites want" yet you don't care about "a fukking hound dog" she decided to take a chance on. You are a good little democrat leftist.

HemiHauler

I don't see where you address the dog's killing of livestock and biting people. It is also very telling that you jump to support the "prestigious breeds that lots of rich elites want" yet you don't care about "a fukking hound dog" she decided to take a chance on. You are a good little democrat leftist.

Shut up. You’re stupid.

HemiHauler

Ouch! Such a deep, well thought out retort. Perfectly shows your maximium level of thought. I don't know how you find the time to invest in replying with such intelligent responses to so many posts everyday.

I reply with exactly what I get.

👍🏼

Hijinx

She did what most people pay a veterinarian to do. Used to be that way for everyone before they hired someone to do their dirty work for them.

OccamsRazor

I think the issue is that most people have more empathy for dogs than they have for people.
Think about the last time you saw a commercial for homeless veterans. Or, just homeless people in general.
Now, think about the last time you saw a commercial with Sarah McLachlan singing about the poor, poor dogs and cats. When was it? About 5 minutes ago??

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
As I said you dummy: return to the breeder. Happens all the time. Any breeder who values their reputation will take it back no questions asked.
So you like passing your problems on to others.

:yay: Sounds like a Leftist Virtue.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So what about the killing and biting then? Why no reply?

Because it doesn't fit the narrative. I expect that from retarded Democrats, but was surprised to see so-called conservatives crying in their half-caf soy mocha lattes.