Chiefs’ kicker Harrison Butker rails against Pride, Biden and working women in speech

BOP

Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker railed against Pride month, working women, US president Biden’s leadership during the Covid-19 pandemic and abortion during a commencement address at Benedictine College last weekend.

The three-time Super Bowl champion delivered the roughly 20-minute address Saturday at the Catholic private liberal arts school in Atchison, Kansas, which is located about 60 miles north of Kansas City.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not scandalized by his actual remarks.

Butker later addressed the women in the audience, arguing that their “most important title” should be that of “homemaker”.

“I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolic lies told to you,” Butker said. “Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world. I can tell you that my beautiful wife Isabelle would be the first to say her life truly started when she started living her vocation as a wife and as a mother.”

I think he's probably right. Women who put their career first and decline marriage and children almost always regret it. Granted, there are some career women who are perfectly happy with their life choices, but social media is FILLED with women lamenting that they're in their 40s and it's getting to be too late for them. By contrast, you rarely see a woman who made a home and raised her children wishing she'd gone a hard core career path instead.

The happiest women seem to be those who split the difference - had a decent but not all-consuming career, and also raised children. Women are natural nurturers and when they're denied that they start doing crazy things to compensate. Like gluing themselves to a highway in support of Islamic terrorism.

BOP

I think he's probably right. Women who put their career first and decline marriage and children almost always regret it. Granted, there are some career women who are perfectly happy with their life choices, but social media is FILLED with women lamenting that they're in their 40s and it's getting to be too late for them. By contrast, you rarely see a woman who made a home and raised her children wishing she'd gone a hard core career path instead.

The happiest women seem to be those who split the difference - had a decent but not all-consuming career, and also raised children. Women are natural nurturers and when they're denied that they start doing crazy things to compensate. Like gluing themselves to a highway in support of Islamic terrorism.
I think he's right as well. My cousin's wife, a die-hard Chiefs fan, said this is pretty standard for him, and that most fans just kind of shrug their shoulders at it. My guess is that it's because they're what you call actual adults who know that a) he doesn't speak for the Chiefs organization, and b) those are his personal beliefs.

I actually agree with him.

Hell, his own mother has 3 degrees and has worked in the biochemical field for quite a number of years - which is something they throw in his virtual face when they come for him on TT and whatnot. Invariably, they have to twist what he said into: "women shouldn't work outside the home, but stay in the kitchen and have babies." Or something. As well as from "most of you women in this auditorium" into "no woman anywhere should work outside the home." Again, or something. They get triggered and the neurosynaptic misfiring looks like a sheet lightning storm in the Midwest.

Well, they are the same morons who would pick the bear over a man in the woods because the man is "safer" based purely on the fact that there are fewer bear attacks than man attacks. Or something. Who knows what really goes through their brains.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, they are the same morons who would pick the bear over a man in the woods because the man is "safer" based purely on the fact that there are fewer bear attacks than man attacks. Or something. Who knows what really goes through their brains.

They use the statistic that more women are attacked by men than by bears, which is so flawed and stupid I'm making *that* face. Just goes to show how effing moronic liberal women are, especially when you get a whole pack of them together.

I know a couple of women who are childless by choice and have no regrets, but that's not the norm. The internet loves to attack what they sneeringly call "trad wives" and belittle them, and the only reason they'd do that is because they're jealous. One of the many things I loathe about liberal women is they like to boss everyone around and insist they speak for ALL women, which is absurd. Despite the fact that they run around cooing about diversity, they will attack the sh*t out of anyone different from them. And especially women who want something liberal women don't want them to have, like a husband and children. Oh, and keeping men out of their daughter's shower.

The whole idea behind the feminist movement was so women could have choices, not so they could be bullied by a bunch of brainless Commies into a lifestyle that makes them unhappy.

SamSpade

The whole idea behind the feminist movement was so women could have choices, not so they could be bullied by a bunch of brainless Commies into a lifestyle that makes them unhappy.
I always found it interesting that Tammy Bruce went from being almost the FACE of feminism to a far more conservative stance, and she tends to echo your sentiments - that the feminist movement somewhere went far afield from equality to simply eliminating any trace of what they call traditional roles.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

A lot of the problems with the US is that the women who should have children don't or can't. Then you have the other end of the spectrum where some women should be spayed. They have children just because they don't know how to not have them. They can't raise them and they become essentially feral (Thanks Gillian). The mothers aren't happy, the kids aren't happy, the only ones who are are the baby daddies. They aren't planning to raise or support them, but it proves their virility if they have 14 kids by 14 women.

SamSpade

A lot of the problems with the US is that the women who should have children don't or can't. Then you have the other end of the spectrum where some women should be spayed. They have children just because they don't know how to not have them. They can't raise them and they become essentially feral (Thanks Gillian). The mothers aren't happy, the kids aren't happy, the only ones who are are the baby daddies. They aren't planning to raise or support them, but it proves their virility if they have 14 kids by 14 women.
Something else we have probably all noticed - the more developed a nation is - the lower the birth rate.

This is nearly a universal pattern, across the globe.

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Harrison Butker Is Right. We’ve Been Duped Into Sacrificing Womanhood For The Workplace

I graduated from Fordham University in 2020 with a bachelor’s degree in International Political Economy — an arduous four-year process that surely would be worth it in the end, I assured myself. But as it turns out, the fruits of my labor — going on national television, meeting high-ranking elected officials, and breaking important news — while fulfilling to a degree, simply do not satiate my growing appetite for the one thing I can’t do independently: have a family.

Throughout my college years, female students were encouraged to develop a sense of hyper-independence. Get your degree. Enter the workforce. Rise to the top. You don’t need a man!

I would often hear from my lefty female professors that men are misogynists, women belong in the workforce just as much as any man, and having a family means battling a husband for an equal partnership in which you, the wife, can still have a full-time career in exchange for another woman raising the kids.

To be frank, the mentality imposed on my peers and me was to “be a boss b-tch.” We could have it all, we were told. And if we couldn’t find a man content with having a full-time working wife, then we simply didn’t need a man. Apparently, women could live their lives alone and thrive on spending nine-plus hours in an office daily before going home to their multiple cats and cheap reality television shows.

But we were duped by unhappy women and crunchy, emasculated men.

While I didn’t totally drink the Kool-Aid, I did begin to believe it was important — and necessary — to be well-established in my career before I could do anything else.

I faltered when I prioritized my career over everything else, including developing relationships that could lead to marriage and a family. I’ve become increasingly aware — and frankly upset — that I neglected to cultivate other avenues in my life in exchange for the ability to say, “I’m a working woman.”

Some might call me a misogynist, but this is no anti-woman screed. Being a woman is awesome. But women don’t have to be just like men to find value and fulfillment. We have unique natural qualities, skills, instincts, and more — not to mention the incredible ability to cultivate the next generation with our own bodies. Talk about being a boss — we can do things men can only dream of!

Bobwhite

The same goes for men who are natural protectors.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
When all the gnashing of teeth and renting of garments started ramping up, I found and read his speech. I shrugged....moved on...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
IMG_6046.jpeg

Hijinx

I like Butkers speech and I would like to support him, but I am too cheap to spend $40 dollars for a T-shirt. As a matter of fact the last of my Harley Davidson T-shirts is about worn out and I refuse to buy a new one at $40 bucks per.