Bomb Cyclone?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....

This rainy weather is supposedly supposed to intensify. Gale force winds, coastal flooding, lots of rain. I do see a coastal flood warning for Piney Point, but only a foot or so over norm. Pretty sure @Gilligan scoffs at this.... :lol:

TPD

the poor dad
I don't think things were as bad last sunday as they predicted. Yeah I had 3.5" of rain but I don't remember the winds being as crazy as predicted (a wind gust of 29mph with avg winds of less than 7mph) so I'm taking this Sunday's forecast with some salt n peppa.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

This rainy weather is supposedly supposed to intensify. Gale force winds, coastal flooding, lots of rain. I do see a coastal flood warning for Piney Point, but only a foot or so over norm. Pretty sure @Gilligan scoffs at this.... :lol:
NWS prediction for the highest tide is only 3.7'..5-6" of "nuisance water" on a couple short stretches of the island main road.

TPD

the poor dad
NWS prediction for the highest tide is only 3.7'..5-6" of "nuisance water" on a couple short stretches of the island main road.
Did you hear that Commish Hewitt & Gov Moore would like to give you a victory down there on the island concerning your flooding?

County Times 12/14/23:
Commissioners brought to his attention the plight of residents on St. George Island
who experience continual fooding of Route 249, leaving them stranded in difficult
weather or high tide circumstances.
Commissioner Mike Hewitt said he wanted to partner with the governor’s administration to find a solution to the rising sea levels there in the form of enhanced infrastructure for the island residents.“We want to give you a victory sir,” Hewitt said.“We want to give them a victory,’ Moore replied.

Tech

They plan to surround the island with a cofferdam.
Manning the walls?
nzpeowrj_ITauntYou.jpg

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
3.8 inches of rain, stopped about 3am.

Just had a big wind rush thru here, now it's raining again.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Had around 9 inches here in Garden City, SC. (Yes....I'm talking about rain.)

Some water came into my garage and the drainage ditch behind the house filled to the brim, but it did what it was supposed to do. Some surrounding areas weren't as lucky.
I'm only laughing at the first part.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Front foundation corner of house, leaked into basement. Was an issue years ago, thought I had it fixed but this amount of rain showed me I didn't. Was caught in time where no real damage done, just kept me busy with the wet vac.
Is it something you had to fix from outside below the grade line?