Bluebirds

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
That snake and I have had a love/hate relationship for a few years, since I discovered him lurking in my little garden shed. I learned to look for him before I walked in the shed.

When I opened the bird box this morning to check the babies, I DID NOT expect to find him curled up in there.

That relationship is over.

PJay

Never trust a snake.

Anyway..I love watching Mom and Dad taking care of them..they work hard all day long.

Sorry for their loss 😔

rio

I was at Elms Beach with a group of kids on a field trip a few years ago. There was a bird nesting box with babies in it that we stopped to observe and while our guide was speaking about the birds a parent saw that there was a snake on the fence moving for the box. We moved all the kids (kindergarteners) along before they noticed, thank goodness, because the snake did indeed go in and have a healthy lunch. We all hated to see it happen, but the guide was not allowed to interfere with nature.

luvmygdaughters

Years ago, we had a rosebush in the back yard. I noticed that a robin had built her nest on the top of it, she had 3 eggs waiting to be hatched. I thought it was a great defensive move, the bush was full of thorns and I dont think a snake would try to climb it to get to the eggs. The following spring, not sure if it was the same robin or a different one, but there was another nest in it, with eggs.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've talked before about the blasted Carolina wrens. Can't tell you how many times I've chased them out of the garage. They even started a nest in the front grill of the truck. Give them hour, they will have built a nest. Fast little buggers.

Anyway, saw one fly out of the front porch light. First time I've seen them there, already had a nest and an egg. :doh: Can't chase them out of there until they fledge.