Ayn Rand

Grumpy

"When you notice that to produce you need to get permission from those who do not produce anything; when you check that money flows to those who do not deal with goods but with favors; when you realize that many become rich by the bribery and for influence more than by your work and that the laws do not protect you against them, but on the contrary, they are the ones who are protected against you; when you discover that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes a self-sacrifice, then you can assert, without fear of being wrong, that your society is doomed"

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
"When you notice that to produce you need to get permission from those who do not produce anything; when you check that money flows to those who do not deal with goods but with favors; when you realize that many become rich by the bribery and for influence more than by your work and that the laws do not protect you against them, but on the contrary, they are the ones who are protected against you; when you discover that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes a self-sacrifice, then you can assert, without fear of being wrong, that your society is doomed"
I've never liked Ayn Rand, maybe it's because I don't want to recognize hard truths.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've never liked Ayn Rand, maybe it's because I don't want to recognize hard truths.
I was probably only 15 or 16 when I read Atlas Shrugged. It blew my mind...and I gobbled up everything else she wrote after that. And still reread her books from time to time. Like Orwell, she predicted the future - our now - with 100% accuracy. Sadly.

Last edited: