Why didn’t we use the Dreyse Needle Rifle in the Civil War?

Hessian

Far more use in Franco Prussian war if I recall....yes, there are reenactors of that war that have one in their inventory!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Far more use in Franco Prussian war if I recall....yes, there are reenactors of that war that have one in their inventory!

The Spencer was right around the corner ... there should have been more of those

Hessian

I have always wanted to fire a Krag...perhaps one of the first "international" modern rifles.
If I can swap someone's interest with a Brown Bess (or Charleville) firing...I'll gladly bring mine for the experience.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I have always wanted to fire a Krag...perhaps one of the first "international" modern rifles.
If I can swap someone's interest with a Brown Bess (or Charleville) firing...I'll gladly bring mine for the experience.
One of my friends has one. It's very accurate. Positive flanged ammo...like the 7.62-54R that many/most of my own rifles shoot.

WingsOfGold

Did someone mention the slick Krag? Owned several, loved them actually. :)
1710691527171.jpeg

WingsOfGold

I have fired a Krag. Norwich had many in its armory and would rent them out to cadets.
Took a nice buck one deer season with one.

Only military bolt actions I own are a few SMLE #4's.
Ugliest mofo known to man, JMHO................ worse than the Mosin and that's saying something!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Krags were the slickest action of all time, biggest drawback was single locking lug. You won't see them rechambered for a 308 or 06. I loved shooting them but I loaded on the low side which was still ample.
A friend who lives in NH has one that was re-barreled in .30-30.

WingsOfGold

I've got my 91/30 wearing an Archangel stock. She's dressed to impress....LOL.
Never a fan of any of them BUT I would consider a Finnish or sniper as a keeper. Now I'm down to one carbine with a long eye relief Leupold 2x which to my amazement is much more accurate than I expected it to be. Ugly as crap but it works well, like a ugly girl, you do her as long as nobody knows.